Thursday, October 10, 2024

Still beating myself up

 I went deer hunting yesterday and the deer were really moving. I was seeing alot of yearling bucks 
and a couple small does. At 9:13am I shot a really nice wide 8. When I watched him move off on the neighbors I text him and let him know. He text me back letting me know his son just shot one and asked if I would hold off. His son wanted to give the deer a little time, after checking, his arrow looked like liver partial lung hit. I agreed and thought it would be good to let mine also have some time. Well, long story short I got the green light after he found his. So I started down to my bolt which I could see from my stand. I found some belly hair and some blood that dried up after a short track, there was virtually no blood on the bolt. I just screwed up the nicest buck I've seen and the chance to be done this year. In hindsight I ranged him at 47 yards twice, so I used my 50 yard dot and just dropped it a little. I should've used my 50 and held on the heart. 
 
Crap
On the upside this guys been hangin out 20 yards behind my stand 2 of the 4 days I've hunted....
I've wind bumped him out both days when I get down and start back to the truck.

No comments: