Thursday, April 27, 2023

Wish she was a Tom

 Wednesday was turkey opener so I went to try to get in as a no show draw. With only 9 spots I was able to secure one, so I got to hunt. Long day short I heard 4 gobbles and called in 3 hens, one at each of the 3 spots I tried. Today there were only 8 spots, I found that out after I had changed a flat tire on my car, and made it to the draw in time. After the draw I was again selected to go out, with my newly acquired Intel from yesterday I knew where to go. I got to the parking lot and was the only car so I sherpa'd it up and packed my gear into the field. That's where the good times stopped. I owl hooted that field 4 times trying to make him gobble. When he didn't I thought I was safe to get a spot and set up. Come to find out he was watching me as soon as I hit the field, and when I got too close off he went. Well that effectively shut down an easy almost for sure hunt. I hunted the rest of the day and didn't move a bird. Hopefully I'll have better luck next week.

No comments: