Wednesday, April 12, 2023

finally a good day

 Made it out really late (for me) and apparently everyone else had the same idea. When I got to the landing, it looked like a slow weekend, with many boats already out. I took my time getting ready and launched. I agreed with myself to.... WOW, the whole armada was right at the mouth. OK, I'll get ready and fish for an hour, and if no luck I scoot over to Gary Light. Well, it didn't take too long and I had one in the box after I caught my second I had fine-tuned my troll to 24-29 fow at 2.3-2.5 sog running 2 flat and 1 rigger, I had a d/f on the main line and a spoon for the slider, the ball was 19 down. I can't remember how many I lost and I had 2-3 shorts but all of the losses were coming off the slider, I never had a hit on the d/f. I did catch on the slider but I had to be quick, so after the umpteeth miss I put the spoon on the main line and dropped it 9 down, which fixed the missing problem. It also fixed the fish caught problem, I didn't get another hit on that spoon. Fortunately, my flat lines were still hitting. From what I could tell the fish were shallow and in the main mud flowing out of the river, that's where I caught most of my fish.
these are  the lures that took fish

I was the only one that could make it today and let me tell you it was a beautiful day to be on the water.

No comments: