Thursday, December 8, 2022

What a week

 Cliff wanted to go pheasant hunting this week, so Monday we hit the fields. We worked until after 1pm and didn't lift a bird, nor did we see one. I take that back we did see one run in front of the truck as we were getting ready to go. We also saw one as we were filling out our property cards, we watched a pheasant walk down the road and slip into the waterfowl resting area😡. It was a nice day and we both got some much needed exercise, albeit I got more than Cliff. 🙊
 After I got home I jumped in the car and headed out to scout for ducks and geese. I found about 150 ducks using one of my fields, as luck would have it the landowner was crossing the road when I was getting ready to go, so I informed him that I was going to hunt in the morning. I got to the field an hour before sunrise for 2 reasons. One I was by myself, Jake couldn't make it, and two I wanted to be set up before the early fliers started. As I was rolling down the access to turn around I happened to notice lights bobbing around in the field. After I got turned around I dropped the door on the trailer and started the wheeler. That's when I saw the trucks creeping along the edge of the woods. I got the wheeler out of the trailer and headed over to talk to the people in the field. Come to find out this guy has permission and just shows up when he wants to hunt👎. With their 2 vehicles parked in back of where I would've set up I decided to just concede and head for the house. On the way I did call the land owner and let them know what happened and that I did not stay to hunt. 2 hours and 65$ later I was back at home and working on some projects 👿. 
It kinda ate me up all day....😠😠👿 
Wednesday I had decided to run over and hunt an area lake. I had one duck come in that I shot at around 8am. I lost track of it when it was flying because there were other ducks in the air. After 10 or so I went down to look for the duck I shot at. I thought I would find it in some reeds that were on that side of the lake, but when I didn't see it I headed back to my spot. The water was really flat and I noticed something on the water, it looked kinda like a big leaf. I kept going towards it because I wanted to see if it was my..... it was, it was my duck whoo hooo not skunked.

No comments: