Thursday, February 18, 2021

Not an auspicious beginning

Monday I went out to do some coyote calling, and a snowstorm broke out. We ended the day with a one day record snowfall of 10.4", and not a single yote.
Wednesday I made my first call and heard 4 coyotes calling from across the road behind me. I got in my truck and headed around them to try and call them in and this happened.


 















 
 
I wish now I had gotten a pic of the truck before I got it dug out. I was stuck for 3 hours and when I was finally back on the road I was soaked and tired, so I packed up and headed home.
Today I went out with Jake to hit some of his spots only to figure out the snow was too deep to walk in. So hopefully with this warm weather coming on this week next week might be more conducive to getting in and out of the field.

No comments: