Thursday, January 14, 2021

Next week should be awesome

The only reason I say that is because according to Jake every other hunt on my properties are good. That being said we just had the bad hunt on Tuesday. I did my scouting on Monday and found birds on 2 properties. I decided to hunt the prop I hunted last Thursday. We got set up in the fence line and waited, and waited, and when the birds finally decided to fly it was 1:30 and they came in hordes. They were flying all over in the field and landing 75 yards away, but they wouldn't even come close enough for a passing shot. After they all picked back up and headed back to the roost we called it a day, picked up our 12 decoys and headed North.
Yesterday we hunted one of Jake's fields just down from his house. The geese hadn't been in that field but were in heavy across the road 350 yards to the North. It was a low percentage trafficking location at best. So weren't on the X but we could see it from the hilltop we were on, we unloaded the trailer at 9:30 and waited, and waited, and waited. I was free all day but Jake had to get home by 3 so at 2:30 without 1 goose spotted we packed up the trailer and went back to the barn. After I got home Jake texted me at 5:12 letting me know the geese were piling in. 
Oh well, at least we didn't have to get our knives bloody.
maybe next week??
 
 

No comments: