Thursday, January 9, 2020

I needed a win

I started the week with a water hunt since it's been soooo warm. I landed a flock 30 yards short of my set up. After they swam off to the other side of the lake I started picking up, I had to be off the water before noon. When I got 30 yards from where I was set up when they decided to get up and fly over where I just was. Crap... Tuesday we set up on a field that there were geese in the past couple days, every day at 3:45.... except the day we were there. Crap... They did the waterfowl thing and flew just after shooting time. So that hunt made the third strikeout since last week and I needed to get a win. So after a conscious decision to skip the morning and sleep in, I just didn't have high hopes for it. And what a mistake that was, it would have been the best morning in a couple weeks. The wind blew and the snow flew, I drove to my spot in Auburn and man there were geese everywhere. Anyway, after I got back home I decided to go into town for another afternoon hunt. The geese actually flew out 10 minutes before shooting time ended, and I shot alot and finally brought down a goose.
I have to blame my very poor shooting on not squeezing the trigger all week.
Maybe I'll get to shoot again next week. 😄

No comments: