Wednesday, October 3, 2018

well.... back to work

At least until next week, when fall turkey season opens. Last week, I did quite a bit but it feels like I really didn't accomplish much.
I forgot about this but this finally happened.
LOOK AT THAT INSIDE TEMP 59.4 YEAH!!!!
 I worked on the boat mostly,
I got the whole deck in and only have to drill and rivet it down before I lay the vinyl.
...yeah trying to remember what else I did last week. Sorry but just drawing a blank, however, I did work on the boat again this week. I got the whole front deck tore off, and am trying to decide whether or not to invest a couple hundred bucks in aluminum to raise the casting deck another 6" or just redeck it as it is.... I'm leaning toward the investment.
Anyway here's the pics
It would make it easier to fish out of and I would be that much higher so I could see into the water easier. Really leaning towards the investment.

Well, I went out deer hunting yesterday, I forgot my thermacell so I only lasted a couple hours before the skeeters drove me nuts.

I also got out this morning for all of an hour, this is what I saw.
pretty young buck, but I'll have deer meat this year
 I went out to my private prop. again this morning and knew with the direction of the wind I would be able to sit below my tree stand, (didn't want to be tempted to shoot too far) and my scent would be blowing away from where I thought the deer would come from. I was only sitting for 45 minutes before this guy started walking in from upwind and right of me. He kept walking from my right to my left and I grunt stopped him at 14 yards directly in front of me. He never knew I was there, I was tucked back in some brush and behind a tree. When he stopped, I was already safety off and ready to shoot. I loosed the arrow and from the way he took off, I knew I got a good hit on him. I gathered my gear and walked down to check the arrow. Nice clean red blood on it, it was only a matter of time. So I packed out took the car home and got the truck. When I found him he was only 20 yards from where I shot him and when I gutted him, I saw why he only went a couple yards.
Total heart shot
 MMMmmm heart... it's what's for dinner.
This is the first deer I've shot in a while, he wasn't huge but he got to ride in the Titan.

No comments: