Thursday, September 20, 2018

Hunting and Fishing lull

The next couple weeks are going to be nothing but work weeks. I still have the deck of the boat tore up and there's really nothing to hunt until the 1st of Oct. when deer comes in.
This week I went to the dentist on Monday, rented a 50 septic snake to snake out the drain in front of the garage. Tuesday I returned the snake dismayed and ticked off because it didn't work the way I wanted it too. The drain in front of the garage has had water back up, and I thought if I got the snake I could open the other end and the water would drain better. Well, from the way it felt the people who built the garage cemented over the exit hole. Now I have to get a sewer company to come and tell me exactly where the discharge hole is so I can bust up the concrete. I also cooked up a bunch of geese on Tues. which turned out really good. I did a pulled goose with 6-7 geese and a goose stew with 2 geese and today I actually cooked up some flying prime rib. So I will have plenty to eat for the next couple weeks. Wednesday I brought my car in and got a chip in the windshield fixed that happened on Tues. coming back from F.W. Then when I got home I patched up the exhaust on my pos so I would stop bothering the neighbors 3 blocks over. Today.... well today outside of the cooking I searched for a flashlight that has been missing for a while.
I haven't worked on the boat yet, but need to before Oct. 1st. So more than likely next week I'll work on the boat, I'm hoping to get the deck in and maybe even get the linoleum laid.
I cannot wait for waterfowl opener.

No comments: