Thursday, June 11, 2015

Largemouth, Whitebass and Crappie

That's what I caught at Tippy this week. I started in the wee hours of the morning and caught fish all day, as a matter of fact I stopped counting after 20. I would like to say they were eating anything put in front of them but the fact of the matter is they were only interested in 4 lures. I caught all my fish on a strike king jerkbait, an x-rap deep jerkbait, a sexy dawg topwater and a spinnerbait. The bass just hammered them all day, I even quit early because I was exhausted. It was really a great day.
I caught more that a couple that were all this size
 I was waiting to get a really nice largemouth to get a pic of but the one I would've gotten a pic of I didn't even get into the boat. Right at the end of the day I caught and lost the biggest bass I have ever seen.
 I was casting when I felt a hit so I set the hook and started reeling the fish in. As the fish got closer and started to come up I was looking down when I saw an open mouth coming to the surface. If you put your thumbs and middle fingers together to form a 0 that's how big his mouth was. I could've put my fist in it, he was at least a 5 pound bass, but I'll never know. As soon as he was within inches of the surface the hook popped out and he went straight back down. Like I said it was the largest bass I have ever seen, the sight of loosing that fish still haunts me.

No comments: