Thursday, September 5, 2013

1,2,3 and it's back to work

Hunting season is finally here, I hunted Tues, Wed, and Thursday morning for geese and went out Tues, and Wed. for doves.
I could've just left my shotgun at home in the mornings. Day one I saw 2 geese, day 2 was missed opportunities, and this morning I had 8 pass by without so much as a look back. I think this is the first opener for me, that I haven't dropped at least one goose.
Oh well I have three more days next week before early season ends.
Dove hunting on the other hand went relatively good. I shot terribly but I did get 17 birds over the 2 days I hunted. The highlight of this dove season is the band I got on the first day. I knew that doves were banded, and I have always looked for bands. This year I didn't pay so much attention, and when I was cleaning my birds I just happened to look down into the trash and see the band on one of my dove's legs.  
AWESOME and lucky, I have already reported the number but have yet to hear back. When I get the info I'll let'cha know.
Nothing really happens without pics, so here they are:




























No comments: