Thursday, November 15, 2012

My end of bow season

The end of my bow season was deer filled but uneventful. I saw 11 deer and actually had a shot at some very alert doe's. This is a year of firsts for me: first I had a deflection from a branch and then I had a deer duck my shot today. Neither of these firsts are good things, however I'm not out of the venison business yet. I still have muzzleloader season to hunt.
I went duck hunting Tues and Wed morning, Tues. I went 2 for 2. Wed. I would have had the same outcome if I would've just thrown the loaded shells at the ducks. I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn if I was inside.
Anyway here's the pic of Tues.
Like the new calls?
This goose hung out with my decoys for an hour and a half. He just kept swimming by the goose decoys then over to the duck decoys. He must have known goose season was closed.
Oh well no more double duty hunting days 'til next year, duck in the morning and deer in the afternoon.
Now it's all waterfowl.... and some coon and pheasant is open and.......

No comments: