Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tweaked my back

Last Wed. I tweaked my back, I noticed it as I was packin' my boat up from duck hunting. So Thursday I just stayed home and cooked my turkey and iced my back. Happy Thanksgiving (even though it's a little late) the meal turned out really good, probably the best turkey I have ever cooked. Friday I didn't have to work so it was Ibuprofen and ice all day. Then the work week started, I even took it as easy as I could there.
Which leads me to this morning. I wanted a hunt that was as easy as possible so I went pheasant hunting. I figured I could just take it easy and walk in the open as much as possible. So I started at daybreak, at a spot that I have always done well at, and started walking. Only a half hour in I flushed a hen, since this is a clean up, put and take hunt I was able to take hens. I gave her a warning shot but I missed. Oh well I started feeling better about my spot since I hadn't heard a cackle all morning.
Well it wasn't too long after that and I heard some rustling in the leaves, when I was able to pinpoint it-quarry found. Three shots later I had my two pheasants and was walking out with limit after only 1 hour.
Two really nice birds, my quickest limit on pheasants ever.

No comments: