Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The day before the day before the last day

I got out this morning and was treated to a fairly strong SW wind. I got set up and got out my radio, to listen to the Bob and Tom show. As I was cranking it (it doesn't use batteries) the crank mechanism gave way, so after a little ingenious maneuvering I figured out how to get it to work, major catastrophe avoided right there.
Well I had 2 geese drop in across the water, I tried to get them to come over but they had no intentions of flying or swimming towards me.
After what seemed like forever I had a goose crossing across the water from me, so I started calling just to let him know I was there. He must of liked what he heard cause he cranked his head hard to see where the calling was coming from. He turned and glided in towards my decoys and just seconds before he landed, I dropped him with one shot. I think I'm getting the hang of my new choke tube.

No comments: