Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It's here, It's here, It's finally here

Yep hunting season kicked off today.
Since I didn't get drawn for the dove hunt, I went goose hunting today.
The year started out the same as any other, I got to my spot late. I started by setting my deke's out, after they were all set, my attention turned to getting my boat hidden. I started to clear out some limbs and the over grown vines when all of a sudden something was on my face under my right eye. I tried to get it off but it wouldn't come off, then the pain started. When I was pulling on the vines I disturbed a hornets nest. The hornet really put a smack down on me.
Since I am a trooper, I said a few words that seem to have medicinal value, and moved the boat over 5 feet and continued the hunt.
Well unfortunately I didn't have a stellar hunt. I did however see quite a few geese, they were of course on the other end of the lake and moving away. The duck count was also pretty high, I even had 4 wood ducks swim within 10' of the boat.
I stayed until 11:30 and decided to pack it in.
I quit early cause I had two missions to accomplish before the rain started. I wanted to get some more paint on the boat, I really needed more green.
I also wanted to go back and wage war on that hornets nest, which I did. I won, the nest was completely annihilated.
Now when I get to my spot in the morning I don't have to worry about getting attacked by hornets.
The only thing that would make tomorrow better is to come home with a goose or two or five, so wish me luck.

No comments: