Thursday, July 15, 2010

Lake Michigan 14 July

Woke up at midnight unable to sleep, ate breakfast, packed the boat and started driving. Got 5 min away and realized I forgot to take my chair out of the boat, so I turned around and went back.
Back on the road thinking to myself how stupid it was to forget about the chair. I realized I left my Ill. license on the couch. I turn around drive the 10 min back to the house and get the license.
Finally on the road I get to Pastrick Marina at 30 min before sunrise. I start setting up the boat and notice that they're are alot of boats coming into the Marina. I get launched and followed 3 other boats out, thinking they have some local knowledge that I wasn't privy to. Turns out they didn't cause they started bangin' em about a mile from where I was. I started trolling over to where the action is and I hit my first fish a nice brown. I was in the trolling rotation with everyone else when I get my second a nice coho.
It is now afternoon and I am the only idiot still trolling around. I trolled all the way out to the Ill. border and get into 63 fow when I banged my King. He made 5 drag burning runs when I finally wore him down and put him in the net. Today I went 3 for 5 which is alot better than my previous outings this year. I'm hoping that since I started using "hooks" I might be able to improve my record to 100% next time.By the way to ruler on the board is 2' long. I was looking back on my past pics my fish look really small, so I put it in there so you can see just how huge the fish really are.
FYI- I made it home and in bed by 11:16 pm almost a 24 hour day.

No comments: