Thursday, July 22, 2010

Another 23 hour day

Again I couldn't sleep at 12 am so I got up and started to get ready to go. I ate, drank some coffee and packed the boat. I started to pull out of the drive and noticed the passenger side taillights on the trailer were not working.
I forgot to tell you that last week on the way home I ran over a chunk of rubber. It jumped up and busted out the passenger side taillight on the trailer. So I got a new set of lights and replaced both taillights on the trailer.
So I got out, pulled out the tools and within 15 minutes I had the lights working and I was on my way.
I got to Freeman lake at dawn, put the boat in and ran down to the dam. I went here for the white bass of which they have many. Well I fished til 1 pm before I saw my first white bass. They finally started chasing the shad up on one of the points. I caught several on this point but they were all small, so they all went back. Before the white bass I had caught a couple small mouth, a couple drum and the crappie in the pic. After the "silvers" stopped chasing everyone started hitting the water pretty hard so I loaded up and moved to Max.
The first thing I did was unload the boat and get in the water to cool off. Man did that feel good, then I got to some serious fishing.
I hit a largemouth first and then a smallmouth, I noticed the water was pretty dingy. They were hitting this lake pretty good too. I remembered that in the past the smallies chased up the baitfish, so I went to the break and watched. Sure enough they were chasing up the baitfish so I started casting and hooked up with the big white bass. Man I'm telling you he doubled up my pole and pulled like a King. I mean he just smacked it and ran, it was awesome. After I boated him and landed and lost some more smallies I decided to pack up and head for home.I got home put the gear away and cleaned the fish, took a shower, ate and went to bed. Whew what a day.

No comments: