Thursday, May 27, 2010

2 fer

Since I missed last weeks update I shall review last week and this week all in one, yes one entry. So hang on cause here comes the fun.
Last week I went to Big Turkey to try my luck with some walleye and bass. I started out the day with light winds from the SE. As the day went on the wind started to get stronger and stronger so I switched to trolling to try for some walleye. I managed 1 walleye, 1 perch and a bass, after trolling for a couple hours I cut off the trolling motor and started casting again. I went over to a sunken island and casted across it for bass. I had a great time and caught quite a few bass off this island with a spinnerbait. The one walleye I managed came home with me, here's the pic.Tues of this week I went to Nyona Lake to try for some wipers (which we all know is a cross between a white bass and a striper). I got to the lake kinda late cause of the drive and bad map skills, to tell ya the truth I have a problem getting to this lake every time. I managed one bass in open water, there wasn't a whole lot of bass chasing. After a couple of hours on Nyona I went over to S. Mud which is only a couple of minutes away. I caught 1 small largemouth and wasted a couple hours here. I moved back to Nyona and started casting with a scum frog ( I love catching fish this way) the bass started to add up. I stayed on Nyona til a bass tourny started and that was my que to move lakes. Here's the pic of one of the better scum frog bass.
When the tourny showed up I moved to Robinson lake and managed 1 small largemouth in only an hour before dark.

Now those of you who know me know hunting is never far from my mind especially duck hunting. This year I decided to paint my layout blinds instead of mudding them and I think they turned out pretty good. The bad news is I didn't get before pics so you cant really see the difference but the good news is no more mudding the blind every year here's the pic of the finished

No comments: