Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Last fishing trip of the year

Well it was the last fishing trip of the year, and even though I didn't catch anything it was a great time/day. I went up to LM in the car because the new fishfinder is not on the boat yet. I got up there at 2ish (pm). Started talking to a couple guys (older) who were also from Fort Wayne. The way they were talking they had fished up there before, but had not caught anything. The older of the two come to find out only had vision in one eye that's why he gave up golf. So fishin' was alot easier for him. The whole time I was talking to them the more I realized the older guy Loves to fish. He just kept casting, he didn't sit down, he didn't stop to get a drink he just fished.
I just kept wishin' to myself that he could catch a nice king. At least an hour went by and finally the younger of the two hooked into one, I grabbed the net and ran down to them. On the way down to them I noticed the younger one trying to give his pole to the older guy. I took the older guys pole while he took the pole with the fish on it, then I landed the fish. I wish I could put into words how happy they were. Anyway like I said I didn't catch a fish but my wish was granted anyway.
Well time to put the poles up and get the guns and bows down, so I probably won't have a new post until deer seson starts on Oct. 1 so until then : take some time and do something nice for someone you don't know it could be the best thing to happen to you all day.

No comments: