Thursday, April 25, 2024

πŸ¦ƒ SEASON πŸ¦ƒ OPENED πŸ¦ƒ WEDNESDAY πŸ¦ƒ

 Wednesday, I did not get drawn for option B so I went to option... let's see C and D. C brought me to a public place where I can't move at all, it's a little sliver of public that I shot a turkey on 2 years ago. I worked a gobbler for about 30 to 45 minutes and he would not break. He walked the same 50 yard stretch back and forth, before he was able to call in a hen and take off. I did not see or hear anything at option D.
Thursday, this morning, I actually got drawn so my option B was in play. I went to my first spot and there was somebody there, my second spot there was somebody there, my third spot there was nobody there. So I parked and walked in the mile and a half to where I was going to sit for the day. I didn't want to move, you can only hunt till 1:00 and it's a good spot. I know there's birds back there. As I was geting close to where I wanted to sit, I heard four gobblers sound off real close to me. I got set up and started talking to the closest one ...and he left with a hen. I heard her yapping at him as they went the opposite direction of me. Then around 9:00 or 10:00 I had a cat fight with a bunch of hens. I never saw them, I just heard them and they were not happy I was there. I kept trying to entice them over but they would not come out of the woods..... (I know where I'm going next time) so in working the hens we called in a gobbler, who skirted me somehow and went over to one of the hens. Well that's why I wanted the hens to come in, because more often than not they're going to bring in a Tom. So that was the end of my day....... I did oh,  I had 2 Jake's come in before the hen fight. That was pretty cool I could have filled my tag right there with a Jake, but I'm waiting for that long beard.  I still got plenty of time and I've got quite a few spots so keep your fingers crossed... 
Monday begins a new week of πŸ¦ƒ hunting.

No comments: