Thursday, October 12, 2023

All done

 We had a cold snap move in over the weekend and it held over to this week. So... cold snap means deer move a little more and I also wanted to check if my turkeys had moved in. I hunted Monday and Tuesday and saw 7 deer that were all yearlings, fun to watch but nothing worth getting worked up over. Wednesday was a different deal, it was around 8 am when I saw a buck working from my left to right at 60 yards. When he got into my 44 yard kill hole I decided I was going to let him walk. He was a younger deer and looked to be an 8pt and if I got the invite to Jake's property his deer are much bigger so I gave him a pass..... until. 
He started on a B line straight up the hill to my stand, the closer he got the bigger he looked. Well when he got to 25 yards I already had him in my sights and ready to fire, I didn't have a choice... I squeezed the trigger and in 2 minutes I had a big buck down, and the end to my season.
I didn't see any turkey's but I had to go back for my bolt and do some limb work. Walking around looking for my bolt I did find quite a few feathers, so now I just have to be there when they show up. The next day I'll hunt/scout is Monday. 
Wish me luck...

No comments: