Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Lake Michigan Limit

 Well it would've been had I been on Lake Michigan fishing for salmon. I was however on my 2nd trip to Lake Erie, and from what I've been seeing I did pretty good. For the last couple weeks we've had a NE blow on Erie, it's been light but constant. Sunday it blew pretty hard with 4-7 foot rollers with some 9's thrown in for good measure. Well, needless to say that really muddied the waters, and as we all know walleye like cleaner water. I really didn't think too much of it until I got to where I wanted to fish and looked down. I would guess Monday would've been less than a foot on the sechi disk. Anyway I dropped some lines in and within the first 15 minutes I had one in the boat. It was then I made the mistake of thinking it was going to be a short day. That was not the case, I trolled for 10 or 11 hours changed lures often and only lost one fish at the boat. I didn't know then that the one I lost would've been my limit fish. With one fish short of a limit I packed up and headed for the landing a very tired man.
Not a limit but still a good day.
I can't wait to try again after vacation.

No comments: