Thursday, March 2, 2023

Last 2 weeks of coyote

 Last week I hunted alone down at Huntington, I usually see at least one a trip. My first couple sets were filled with turkeys, at least 40 that I bumped up off a field, and eagles. My fifth spot is in back of the old campground and it's one of the places I have killed a coyote at and always call. 
Well, I have to say this was the closest I have had a coyote in a long time. I was about 9 minutes into the call when as I scanned left and turned back right I had a grey blur bolt back into the brush to my right.
I'm not sure who scared who more but my heart pumped a little faster for a while. Anyway there was no way to get a good look at him let-alone get a shot. So one left for seed for next year.
This week I ended up at Mississinewa with my buddy Cliff chasing yotes. We made a double digit stand count for the day and all we had to show for it was some wood-ticks.
That's right I said wood-ticks..... in February. Just shows how warm it's been here for the last couple weeks.
So with hunting officially over I have started on cleaning up the garage this week. I got all my decoys in my decoy trailer and am able to walk around both boats pretty readily. Next week is more of the same and putting my boat back together, it's the most unorganized it's been since I've owned it. 😱
Maybe I'll get a pic or two to post for next week.
Until then take care and be safe.

No comments: