Thursday, October 27, 2022

First goose hunt of the season

 Tuesday Jake and I went goose hunting down in Ft Wayne. The day before there were 50 or so geese in the field, so hopes where high. We got down there and set up around sunrise. I really enjoy this time of year because it's always possible to hunt out of the 🌽.  As luck would have it that's were we were when 4 geese came around from behind us feet off the corn, and they did it right, four came in none left. We only had 5 others come in and they aaalllmost did it right. They locked up and were coming in then picked up a little and missed the kill hole, and landed 15 yards to our right. Jake was to my right and I asked if he had a shot, he said yes so we walked out of the 🌽 and he dropped 2 of the 5. I didn't feel I had a great or safe shot so I saved my ammo. When he was coming back with his geese he asked if I had shot. I said no, then he held up the goose WITH THE BAND. I said WITH THE BAND... that's 2 bands for him off my properties... and a spec, that he had mounted...
After that volley we didn't see another goose so we packed up at 10:10 and headed for Chipolte's for lunch. I was just glad we got some geese and the weather was super nice.

No comments: