Thursday, October 20, 2022

Day 2

 Day 2 of firearms turkey season and Cliff and I were waiting for the fly down a little before 🌄.  As the day got brighter I started to make out clumps in the trees, and one of them was a 🦃 that probably saw us walk in. She didn't act skiddish she preened herself as the rest of the flock started to fly down. Once they started coming out of the woods and filing down the path Cliff and I started to talk shooting. Once he said he was on one and I knew I was on one, I called it and we fired almost at the same time. My bird went down and I asked if he got his, he said yes, I asked where it was and he pointed to..... yep he shot the same bird I shot at. After a brief R U sure, and you shot that bird discussion. I loaded another shell and threw it at an escaping 🦃, clean miss. I only had 2 shells as did Cliff ,he had loaded his last one in his gun. I grabbed his gun and made my way over to the edge of the hill all ninja style. When I saw a 🦃, looking up at me I shot it in the face.
Problem solved, hunt over with a double up on 🦃's.
 Two yearling hens... Mmm tender.

No comments: