Thursday, July 21, 2022

should be able to finish up vacation post next week... here's why.

 Went to Erie on Wednesday with my neighbor, everyone else went to the company picnic at the zoo. So we left early got there early and had plenty of time to set up before daybreak. Went down to drop in the boat and the waves that were suppose to be almost flat calm were comin' in at 2's and 3's with the occasional 4. Awesome.. so we dropped the boat in and made the long slow ride to where we would be able to get the longest troll. 
Which was across the bay bucking the waves, needless to say it was a pretty wet crossing. We did however get set up and started with a 4 rod spread because of the waves. The start was slow, but once we started hitting my marks and 30 fow the fish started to add up. We caught 4 gaspergoo's, 3 white bass and one short walleye, everything else went into the cooler. We got done with our first pass at around noon and only had 4 more walleye to go so we pulled the gear and headed back up to where we had just picked up 3 or 4 in a short amount of time.
Our biggest was a 21 and a half.
We finished strong with a flurry of action compared to the morning. When we started to pull in the rods we noticed we had been dragging a walleye for who knows how long. With limits already in the cooler he went back and we headed in.
There was a little line back at the landing so I cut the big motor, it doesn't like to idle for a long time. When the lines cleared and I tried to start it back up it made a noise that sounds like about $300 and refused to start. If it were a car I would say it was a starter but I'm a little outboard illiterate. So I have been trying to get ahold of one of my boat guys with no such luck but I'm pretty sure I won't be on the water next week.
Not as big as the usual catch but they'll eat good all the same. That's about the size of all the white bass we catch up there, Scott wanted it so there it is.

No comments: