Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Turkey seasons getting closer

 One week away and turkey season starts not sure if I'll getting anymore fishing in until after my turkey hunt in Nebraska...
Wait? What? anymore???? that's right I made it over to the big pond this week. A buddy of mine and I went to Lake Michigan for some early salmon action. The water was a bit bumpy and the fish were a little out of their minds but we managed to boat 7. With 2 double headers, 1 of which shut the show down for at least 30 minutes while we untangled everything. I said the fish were a little out of their minds because for all the years I've fished over there the only rule was: you can fish any color you want as long as it is orange. This year we only got one bite on orange the rest came on lime green, blue and silver, and fire tiger. Not that were complaining it just took a little adjustment to start putting fish in the net.
Ron's a guy I met this year pheasant hunting, he love's Erie and hasn't been to LM in a very long time. We fished hard all day to get these guys, hopefully I can get back up.
 

No comments: