Thursday, June 11, 2020

Da Da Double up

Due to the bad weather this spring I missed alot of fishing so I'm going to try and make up some of those lost days. Starting with this week, I mowed, shopped, and gassed up on Monday just so I could go out a couple of times this week.
Day 1: I have had a hankerin' for some poor man's lobster- you know pike boiled in Mt. Dew. So I headed to Hamilton which is where I have done well on pike in the spring. This is not spring and I couldn't move a pike but I was able to land a couple bass in the short time I was out.

This pic doesn't do this fish justice, it was a super nice chunky bass.
I only spent a couple hours and catching these guys was just fun. The bad news was I was kinda lax with limiting my sun exposure and got a little too much sun on my forearms. I am going to be a little more proactive with sun protection from here on out.

Day 2: I switched gears and headed back over to Erie for another great day of trolling. This time out it definitely was a harder fish, I kinda thought it would be with the barometric pressure dropping out. It took me until 1:30 to catch my limit of walleye but I also caught at least 8 gaspergoo's (freshwater drum) and boy do they fight. You can definitely tell the difference between a goo and a walleye.
I didn't get a good pic cause I really wasn't set up and I just wanted them back and get the lure fishing again for taget species.
Here's a pic from last year.
Then that same bandit caught a couple shorts....
I also caught a small white bass on this same lure. So after a couple goo's and a couple shorts, I retired this lure for the day in the hope of putting more desirable fish in the boat. Which eventually did happen, leading to this pic.
Still rollin' solo, all my buddies were busy with stuff again this week. By the time they can cut free and get out the easy fishing limit days will be numbered. Too bad for them.... I'm still eating well.
Normally I hate seeing pics of food so I don't print alot of them, but damn was this good.

No comments: