Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Second day out fishing

Fished Lake Erie this week... again it was another solo trip. Maybe it is me....
I left the house at 3:41am and hit the lake right about sunrise. You know how when you get ready to go somewhere and you can stop thinking, " I think I forgot something?" Well after an hour of thinking about what I forgot, I realized that I forgot my net at the house. After seeing every store was closed in the early am including Walmart I came to the conclusion that I will have to boat swing all my fish today. Anyway, onward through the fog, I headed out to South Bass Island from Catawba state park landing. Within' minutes I was setting lines in 28fow and only 8 minutes into the troll I brought my first walleye on board. Then there was a couple hour lull before I landed two, in short succession, then they came pretty steadily until I hit my limit at 11:45. I think I went something like 6 for 11, the hot lure was the white and redhead bandit.
After I hit my last fish I packed it up and headed in, it really was a super day. I hope next week will be just as kind.

No comments: