Thursday, May 26, 2016

What a difference a week makes

Last week I went to Max and really got into the smallies. I also landed a couple largemouth but the white bass and walleye eluded me on this trip. I was in fish all day and the wind got a little brisk in the afternoon which tended to push me around a little but other than that I had a great day.
Here's the pics




look close you can see the lure in his mouth... That's what's commonly known as choking it!!!
































All of these fish were 2 to 3 pounders I had a pretty awesome day.

Now on to this week.... I left late (again) for the big lake on Wednesday morning. I have been seeing that some silver fish have been caught out of Washington park. So off I went to stretch a line and wash some lures. If I only knew how true that statement was I probably would've stayed home and mowed the lawn again. As you may have guessed I got the big ole goose egg.... the old skunkapoloosa. I did have a steelhead on for about 10 seconds then he straightened the hook and went on about his day. I stayed until around 6 and decided to pack-er in and head for the house with my tail between my legs and a very empty cooler. The only good thing to come out of this excursion is all my equipment worked flawlessly.... next time I'll really get into them..

No comments: