Thursday, May 17, 2012

Double Shot

I finally got a little time to myself, so I thought I should catch you up on what I've been doing.
Last week I finally got a small break in the weather so I went up to the big lake. When I first started out I noticed that once again the forecast was wrong. The rollers were coming in at 1-3 instead of the one foot or less that was forecasted. I thought that when the wind switched that it might lay down some. So I did the best I could and set up a trolling pattern that would keep me in the ditch as much as possible.
I started at 7am and stayed til 6pm in the time in between I caught 2 coho and 2 kings. One of the kings weighed in at 16.4 pounds this is not only the biggest king I have caught but it was also one of the best fighters.
When I started fighting this fish it made 3 line stretching runs and actually brought me once around my boat. Yep, he ran around my left rigger and over my dipsy line around the bow and finally I landed him in the usual corner. He really gave me a run for my money.
This is what the parking lot looks like when I get done fishin'




 This week I went to Max and had a blast. The smallies and largemouth were killing it all day. I started the day trolling for walleye but I was only able to catch a couple rock bass and quite a few decent largemouth. So since I wasn't catching walleye I pulled in the trolling gear and started casting. That's when the fun began, I caught both on tube jigs, x-raps and spinnerbaits. I didn't get any pics not sure why but I wish I had, I caught some really decent fish.

No comments: