Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Deer Opener

I finally got a day off today and was able to start my 2011 Deer season. 15 minutes after shooting time my deer season was over, well at least my Buck tag was filled.
He weighed out at 167 pounds
 After I shot, he only went about 45 yards laid down and passed. I gave him plenty of time because of the extreme angle of the shot. After I field dressed him and started dragging him, I realized that I had to find a better way to get him to the car. Tom was at bingo (he won some pop tarts and mac and cheese) so I went over to the neighbors and asked to borrow their gator. Thank god they said yes or I would still be dragging that deer to the car. This is the biggest buck I have taken on this property, not the biggest I have seen though. This typical 8 point is going on the wall, since it's probably the last buck I'll take here.
Tom- the old property owner, sold the farmland to Mike- the guy farming it, and he plans on tearing out all of the fence rows. I can still hunt there, but without the fencerows it's uncertain where the deer will go through at. So I'm making hay this year and hope to put 1 or 2 more in the freezer before the 15th.
Now I can just fun hunt (does) until duck season opens on the 15th.

No comments: