Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Year in Review

Another year has come and gone. Time to get the hunting stuff put away, and get the fishing stuff out and dusted off. I had a pretty good year both fishing and hunting of course the hunting is alot easier to keep track of.
So here it is:
2009 Hunting Season Breakdown
Species-------Days Afield ---Number of Critters Taken
Turkey---------- 6---------------- 0
Deer------------- 1 ----------------1
Dove------------- 3---------------- 4
Pheasant-------- ½-------------- 0
Coon------------- 3---------------- 3
Coyote/Fox----------- 3---------------- 1
Waterfowl------------ 24----------- 15 ducks/22 geese
Total-------40 1/2-------------46

Well if you compare the totals from last year. My days afield and number of critters are both lower than last year. The reason for this is my work schedule.
I learned being on first shift killed me this year, hopefully that will change next year.
I also learned that field hunting ducks and geese is worth the work.
I learned pelts are worth practically nothing this year. I will probably spend less time chasing coons and yotes next year. I will spend as much time hunting waterfowl as possible. I also learned that senko's really do work and I am looking forward to using them again this year.

So, I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.
I'll take the month of March off (no hunting or fishing). I use this month to get the garage cleaned out and get the stuff taken care of that I have neglected all year.
I'll start casting the big lake in April. Of course I have put in for the Turkey hunt again this year, so keep your fingers crossed for me.
So until I have something worth blogging about- take care, and check back the first week of April.

No comments: