Wednesday, February 4, 2009

no lights, no calls, action

Got out tonight for some more sniper duty. Sat in the stand til around 7:30 pm wondering if there were any yotes left. Then as if on cue firetrucks and squads lit up the roads around me. The sirens set off the yotes to the North of me reconfirming my thoughts of more coyote action. So I sat straining for some movement in the snow covered field in front of me. 7:45 pm saw something... pull up the scope ... yep it's a yote at about 130 yrds out and meandering in. Let him come to around 75 yrds, one shot one kill. I was a little chilled, I had sat for 3 1/2 hrs, so I get up after trying the pup in distress call. As soon as I stood up to get down I get a warning bark. So I sit back down bring the scope up and search for the yote. 15 mins later I'm still looking and she's still barking, I could not find her. So when she stops barking I get up, get down, get to the car, shed some clothes and retrieve my fur.
Another big male

No comments: