Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Last week for late goose

Thought I would get out today for some late season goose hunting. I Picked up a ground blind this year for field hunting and I was ichin' to try it out. The blind cost me dearly, my free spending privileges are no more, I'm now on an allowance. Anyway I got my blind and really wanted to go out and, fall asleep in it, I mean try field hunting. So I took the weights off of 2 dozen of my goose decoys packed them in the truck and off I went. It was really late by the time I got going but I was going to stay all day, so I went anyway. When I got out to my deer property, there's lotsa geese out there, I noticed a red car parked where I usually park. My landowner wasn't home so I went off in search of the trespasser. After trudging across a very muddy clay field I caught up to the owner of the red car and it was the landowners son in law. We've met before so after some small talk and wishing him good luck, he was rabbit hunting, I started back to the truck. After making it back the 100 yrds to the truck I was soaked with sweat. Oh ya, did I mention it's going to hit 61 degrees today? So after debating about what to do I decided to head home. Oh well there's always next year.

No comments: