Tuesday, January 27, 2009

3 for the year

yep got out this morning before daylight got up in my tree stand and saw 2 deer eating in the field to my right. Looked all the way down to the end of the field and saw my fuzzy little quarry. Still too dark to really see so just kept an eye on them and kept scanning. Around 9 am had some crows come down to eat off my bait. They didn't like that at all and in they came at a really slow lope, trot. As soon as the first one get within a hundred I drop the hammer. Probably should've waited for the female she was following but I was kinda excited and wanted some fur to hit the deck. When I'm in my tree stand I keep a diaphram call in for ki-yi's so I let loose with it and the second yote stops to look back. I shoot and watch as she runs and jumps into the ditch.
I look back at the male and he's tryin' to get up bang down for good.


No comments: