Thursday, May 12, 2022

Busy week

 Monday was the only day I didn't have any type of an appointment. So I did my shopping and then.... nothing really, just relaxed. I'm kinda regretting that now, I should've mowed or something but I was just lazy all day. Tuesday I had a doctor appointment in Auburn and that didn't take too long. After that one of my buddies (mushroom guru) from work and I went mushroom hunting. Even thought we were pretty quiet, trying not to scare the mushrooms. We only found about a dozen or so which was OK with me, just enough for a meal or two. I plan on firing up the oil today and frying the mushrooms and chunk up a turkey breast I took out.
Wednesday I had an appointment with the furnace guy.... with the stable weather we have been forecast I had to reschedule that appointment. 
Time to hit the big pond and bring home some salmon. But before I even left the house I had to charge the truck battery. I went to start the truck and it was dead, I just bought that battery last year, gotta get that checked. I fished for a couple hours before I got the program down.... green.... that's what they wanted. Usually Coho are notorious orange eaters but yesterday they wanted green. 
 After I landed my first Coho it took a while before I had my second, and then something I always feared happened.
While I was fighting the second Coho I almost had it in the net and my downrigger rod fired. I got the fish in the net and grabbed my rigger rod, that fish got off. I set my rigger rod back and was tending to my first rod and fish when my other flat line rod fired. By the time I got to it I fought the fish for a couple seconds and he got off. Finally got both flat line rods set and the rigger fired again, another fish missed. That was 4 fish in a matter of minutes and I only landed one. That would've been the end of my day.... luckily I was able to spend a couple more hours to fill out my limit.
 All in all it was a super first outing on Lake Michigan... by the time I got home the house was 83 and I only had an hour or so to cool it down while I was cooking a fillet.
Steamy sweaty house, no A/C, late day and meal, battery worries.....
Totally worth it.....

No comments: