Wednesday, May 19, 2021

The good, the bad, and the ugly (not necessarily in that order)

 Yesterday was my first solo trip to Erie this year. Of course with all my solo trips I arrived later than I had wanted. Anyway, I got out and set up in the same spot we hit 'em last week. Bad news, the fish that were there had moved on to different waters. Let the search commence... after a couple hours I finally boated my first walleye and after only a couple short hours after that I boated my second walleye. I knew that the clouds were going to move in for the afternoon and as with Lake Michigan, Erie has not been kind to me when it's cloudy. So the race was on to fill my limit before the clouds moved in, long story short it didn't happen.
one 22" 'er and a smaller eater
Once the clouds moved in I caught a goo sorry no pic but it's in the vid.
I also caught this cat.
 
Here's the vid:
So the bad is I didn't even get close to a limit, the ugly is the trash I was able to catch, the good however....
This 30" walleye is not only my personal best, but it's the biggest walleye I've ever seen live. A true Lake Erie donkey, by the way he's still in the lake for you to catch.

No comments: