Thursday, April 21, 2016

All the Coho gone?

I've been watching the forums for LM and it seems the Coho have all gone offshore and the Lakers have taken their place. Since I am not a fan of catching grease I went to an area lake this week. This is a lake I usually hit once or twice a year, later in the summer it gets pretty weedy.
So with a strong E wind I loaded the boat grabbed a couple rods and off to Lake Hamilton I went. My first fish was both awesome and sickening. I hooked into a really nice female largemouth but when I got her to the boat I saw she was bleeding from the gill. When I looked to see I noticed I had ripped off one of her gills and she was bleeding out. After 20 min of trying to revive her she was dead and for the second time I had to fillet a largemouth.
The really sad thing was she was full of eggs, she didn't go to waste but it still sucked pretty bad. This wasn't the only bass or fish that I caught this day.
I hooked up this little pike on a X-Rap, he was the only pike I caught.
Well not sure when I'll be able to get back on here, I have my turkey draw next week 27-29 so depending when I get back I may or may not post until after next week.
Wish me luck.....

No comments: