Thursday, September 11, 2014

Day before the last day limit

I've been out goose hunting 8 days now and I finally brought some geese home. I sat through rain, sun, wind, and no geese to finally make a limit before 10 am. The first flock that came in I put 3 down, then 1 more that came in as a pair. I was trying for a double but had to use all 3 rounds to drop the second easy one, with the first easy one sitting on the water in the decoys, he got away. The next one was a single that I had to beg and plead to come in. Even when he came in he still didn't want to drop in the decoys, which made for a high over head shot. I hit him all three times and I'm not sure were he dropped but I did find him floating on the water. So there it is finally after all the blood, sweat and tears I got to take some geese home.

No comments: